Are you ready to make your life a little bit better? Well, read this recipe, go to your kitchen and check if you have all the ingredients needed to make this awesome Rose Pistachio Milk. I never knew rose-infused milk can taste so freaking good and especially when you add the awesome creamy pistachio to it. I think this Rose Pistachio Milk is perfect to make for family and friends during festivals. The richness, amazing aromatic flavour sure does makes for a treat. This drink can be served either hot or cold depending on your own preference.
The ingredient’s list of this Rose Pistachio milk is short and sweet (pun intended). Each and every ingredient sure does adds so much to the overall recipe. Dried rose petals when added to the boiling milk infuses its unique fragrance and flavour. Pistachios are in itself so creamy and add texture to this beverage. Thanks to fresh cardamom which fill it with aroma and a minty aspect. Seriously, it can’t get better than this.Print
Rose Pistachio Milk
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Indian
Rose infused milk with creamy pistachios is a rich and flavourful beverage perfect for festivals. It can be served hot or cold.
- 1½ cup full fat milk
- ⅓ cup dried rose petals
- 1 tbsp cardamom pods
- 1½ tbsp jaggery powder or whole cane sugar
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Boil full-fat milk in a sauce pan.
- Once it boils, add dried rose petals, crushed cardamom pods and jaggery powder. Simmer the heat and keep reducing the milk to thicken it.
- Keep stirring so that the milk doesn’t burn. Keep reducing it for about 20 minutes on low flame.
- Meanwhile, crush unsalted pistachios in a mortal pestle into very small chunk almost like a powder. You can so it in a food processor or mixer.
- Once the milk is reduced, strain the milk.
- Add crushed pistachio chunks/powder to the milk and mix well.
- If you have salted pistachios, wash then under running water. Let them dry before using in this recipe.
- You can add cardamom powder instead of crush whole cardamom. This way, you can choose not to strain the milk as rose petals are edible.
Keywords: milk, begerage, hot, hot drinks, holi, holi recipes