This Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Pasta is loaded with slow-cooked juicy tomatoes, garlic, onions, and fresh aromatic Italian herbs. So luscious, tangy, and insanely delicious.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp fresh Italian herbs (rosemary, thyme, and oregano), finely chopped
- 7–8 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 350 gm or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chill flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly ground
- 200 gm spaghetti pasta
- Water as needed to boil pasta
- In a pan, add olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic, chopped onions, fresh herbs, and cherry tomatoes. Meanwhile, cook/boil spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions. When done, drain and run it under cold water to avoid sticking.
- Cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat to low. Lowering the heat is very important here. Let it cook like this for 10 minutes.
- Then, with the help of either a masher or a big spoon, mash the garlic and cherry tomatoes into a very chunky paste. Add tomato paste, salt, red chilli flakes and black pepper powder. Cook this sauce down on medium-low heat for another 10 minutes. Keep stirring so that the sauce doesn’t burn or stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Add cooked/boiled spaghetti pasta to this paste and mix well so that the sauce is well coated on the spaghetti.