This Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Pasta is loaded with slow-cooked cherry tomatoes, garlic, onions, and fresh aromatic Italian herbs. It’s so luscious, tangy, and insanely delicious.
One thing that you absolutely must try this tomato season is this very easy-to-make Roasted Cherry Tomato Pasta. The pasta sauce is cooked by essentially just putting everything together in a pan, covering it and letting it do its thing for a good 10-15 minutes. The tomatoes together with garlic, onions, and fresh herbs infuse slowly but surely in the olive oil it’s cooking in. It’s lovely how low effort this pasta dish is. But, let me tell you that the taste and flavour is insanely delicious.
This chunky pasta sauce is so flavourful and tangy. The secret to this amazing taste is 1) Fresh ingredients and 2) Slow cooking. And take the second one seriously if you want your pasta sauce to turn out ‘out-of-this-world, good. So, please don’t rush the process and let all ingredients marry each other on low heat, undisturbed for a good amount of time. That’s it – say hello to your luscious and briney summer meal.
Why should I make Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Pasta?
- Easy-to-make homemade pasta
- Fresh and tangy taste
- Low effort, high-value meal option
- Seasonal summer recipe
- Completely vegan and dairy-free
Tips and Tricks
- Fresh herbs – I recommend using fresh herbs if they are easily available to you. If not, replace then with dried ones.
- Slow cooking – The secret of this sauce being so delicious is just the slow cooking aspect of this. So, while it might take more time, it is incredibly simple to do. You just have to toss everything in a pan, cover it and cook it ion ow heat for some time.
- Pasta water – If you like runny pasta sauce, add that starchy leftover pasta water in which you cooked/boiled the pasta.
- Chunky or smooth sauce – for roasted cherry tomatoes pasta, I like the sauce to be super chunky because I like to bite a well-roasted juicy cherry tomato. In case you like a super smooth sauce, just let the chunky sauce cool down and grind it into a smooth paste.
You can add mushrooms while sauteing. Other veggies that go well with this pasta are broccoli, zucchini, and bell peppers.
This pasta recipe tastes amazing without cheese too. In case you want to add cheese, I recommend adding Grana Padano or Parmesan cheese.
Yes! please store it in an airtight container in the freezer.
More Delicious Dishes
Recipe Video – How to make Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Pasta?Print
This Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Pasta is loaded with slow-cooked juicy tomatoes, garlic, onions, and fresh aromatic Italian herbs. So luscious, tangy, and insanely delicious.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp fresh Italian herbs (rosemary, thyme, and oregano), finely chopped
- 7–8 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 350 gm or 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chill flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly ground
- 200 gm spaghetti pasta
- Water as needed to boil pasta
- In a pan, add olive oil on medium heat. Add garlic, chopped onions, fresh herbs, and cherry tomatoes. Meanwhile, cook/boil spaghetti pasta according to the package instructions. When done, drain and run it under cold water to avoid sticking.
- Cover the pan with a lid and lower the heat to low. Lowering the heat is very important here. Let it cook like this for 10 minutes.
- Then, with the help of either a masher or a big spoon, mash the garlic and cherry tomatoes into a very chunky paste. Add tomato paste, salt, red chilli flakes and black pepper powder. Cook this sauce down on medium-low heat for another 10 minutes. Keep stirring so that the sauce doesn’t burn or stick at the bottom of the pan.
- Add cooked/boiled spaghetti pasta to this paste and mix well so that the sauce is well coated on the spaghetti.