Being a pasta lover, I can’t get over experimenting with different flavours and types of kinds of pasta. I like to make my pasta sauces from scratch using fresh ingredients and generally avoid using store-bought sauces. It might take me longer, but the results are totally worth it. But, recently when I started using The Gourmet Jar Roasted Red Pepper Pesto, honestly my opinion changed. This sauce is handmade with 100% Natural Ingredients, no preservatives and has a smaller shelf life which means that it does not artificial components in it.
For this pasta has a zingy flavour which comes from the pesto sauce made out of slow-roasted red bell peppers. The texture is creamy thanks to the variety of nuts added. All in all, if you’re looking for a quick pasta dinner recipe, this one will definitely serve you well. You just have to toss the cooked pasta into this awesome sauce and sprinkle some olive oil on top and you’re sorted.
Additionally, If you like this Red Pepper Pesto Spaghetti recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many similar pasta recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Mushroom Aglio Olio, Penne Arrabiata, Cheesy Tomato, Pepper Penne. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
Red Pepper Pesto Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 cup cooked Wheat Pasta, Spaghetti
- ½ cup The Gourmet Jar Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Sliced Black Olives and fresh basil leaves for topping (optional)
HOW TO MAKE RED PEPPER PESTO SPAGHETTI
- Firstly, boil/cook pasta in salted boiling water on low heat. This may take 15-20 minutes depending on the type of pasta you’re using.
- Next, drain the pasta stock and save it to use in the sauce later. Run the cooked pasta under cold water so that it stops cooking and does not stick.
- Then, in a frying pan, add olive oil, The Gourmet Jar Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and cook for about a minute on low heat. You can some pasta stock water to adjust the consistency of the pesto sauce.
- Next, add the cooked spaghetti pasta and mix really well so that the sauce is completely coated in the spaghetti.
- Finally, garnish with sliced black olives and fresh basil leaves.
Thank you The Gourmet Jar for sponsoring this post. And thank you for supporting brands that help me run this site.