Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich is the most fun, aesthetically pleasing and healthy sandwich there is. I mean look at the sheer beauty of this thing. Who wouldn’t wanna eat that? Rainbow Vegetable Sandwich Recipe is easy-
You can create the whole VIBGYOR rainbow
Serves 1 person
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 2 slices of multigrain bread
- 1 tsp butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup thinly slices rainbow veggies – Beetroot, Red onion, cucumber, spinach, yellow capsicum, carrots, tomatoes, red capsicum.
- 1 tbsp creamy spread of choice- cheese/mayonnaise/greek
yoghurt/coconut chutney/hummus (grated cheese is used in this recipe )
- 1 tsp tangy spread – tomato ketchup/ tomato or mango chutney (tomato ketchup is used in this recipe)
- Salt to taste.
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- Toast or grill the slices of multigrain bread applying butter or ghee.
- Put a creamy spread (see ingredients section for options) on top of one bread slice and tomato ketchup/chutney on another.
- Put sliced colourful rainbow veggies in order of your choice or mixed up on one slice of bread.
- Drizzle some salt, black pepper on top or after every layer of veggies.
- Put the other slice of bread on top.
- Slice the veggies very thinly otherwise the sandwich will become too bulky to eat or store.
- Wrap the sandwich with brown paper or napkin so that the veggies are held in their place.