Protein-Rich Laddoos are tiny portions of richness in taste, nutrition & wholesome treat for fitness conscious people in the festive season,
- ½ cup urad dal
- ¼ cup oats
- ½ cup cashews and almonds
- ½ cup ragi flour/finger millets flour
- Jaggery to taste
- 1 cup ghee/clarified butter
- 4–5 cardamom, grounded
- Dry roast cashews, almonds, oats, ragi flour separately and keep aside.
- Wash the urad dal and rinse immediately. Let it dry. Once dried, dry roast it until light brown.
- Grind all the roasted ingredients separately.
- On low heat, add 4 tbsp of ghee in a pan and add ragi flour and roast till the raw smell fades away.
- Add in cashew & almond powder, oats powder, urad dal powder and roast for 2-3 minutes
- Add jaggery powder and cook for 2-3 minutes before turning off the heat.
- Take the prepared mixture in a plate and pour 5-6 tbsp of ghee to it.
- Prepare round balls of the mixture of the size of your liking.