Penne pasta is a popular classic Italian dish and is usually is cooked in arrabiata sauce and this recipe taking this as a base we have incorporated colorful peppers and other nutritious veggies and made it more wholesome and delectable.
Pepper Penne Pasta is spicy, tangy, sweet and spicy but can be also made milder if that suits your taste buds. It is absolutely delicious with aromas to serving your taste palettes.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup penne pasta, cooked or boiled
- 1 onion, chopped very finely
- 7-8 garlic cloves, chopped very finely
- 4 tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tsp red
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 3 tbsp cheddar cheese, grated (cheese slices will also do)
- 2 cups mix veggies, sliced
lengthwise(green, yellow and red capsicum, beetroot, carrots)
For boiling/cooking penne pasta–
- In a large saucepan, add 2-3 cups of water and boil it. Add penne pasta, salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil in it.
- Boil the pasta till it is cooked properly.
- Drain the pasta and save the stock (leftover water) to add to the sauce later.
For preparing sauce and 3 pepper penne paste –
- In a pan add olive oil. Add crushed garlic and onions.
- When the onions are translucent and brown, add tomato puree.
- Add the stock and make a thick sauce like paste.
- Cook for 5 mins and black pepper, red chilli flakes, oregano and salt.
- Add ketchup and then penne pasta and cook for 10 mins.
- Add all the veggies and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add grated cheese on top.
- Switch off the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Mix everything and serve with garlic bread.
- Garnish with grated cheese.