Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti is one of the simplest pasta recipes there is but its simplicity doesn’t compromise on the flavours & aroma of this dish.
- 250 gms whole wheat spaghetti
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 6–8 button mushrooms, washed and diced
- 6–8 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly grounded or powdered (optional)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tbsp coriander or dhania leaves, chopped (optional)
- Water as needed for cooking spaghetti pasta
- In a saucepan, cook the spaghetti pasta by boiling it in a good amount of saltwater (add around 2 tbsp of salt to the water) for around 9-12 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, heat olive oil and garlic together on a low flame. Let them cook together slowly so that the garlic infuses nicely in the oil.
- When the garlic starts turning light brown, add diced mushroom and sauté for 5 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Drain the boiled or cooked pasta and toss it into the pan with sauteed mushrooms and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add freshly ground pepper, red chilli flakes, and more salt if needed. Mix everything nicely and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander/dhania leaves and serve