Mint and Coriander chutney is a herby, aromatic condiment with a tangy flavour which is very popular in India.
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1–2 green chillies, sliced
- 1-inch ginger
- 5–6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Half a lemon’s juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients i.e. coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, garlic, onion, ginger, lemon juice, salt, cumin powder, and red chilli powder thoroughly.
- Transfer into a mixer grinder and grind into a thick paste or chutney.
- Serve Mint and Coriander Chutney in a bowl.
- Wash and rinse the coriander and mint leaves rigorously and take off the stem to avoid bitter taste.