Mint and Coriander chutney is a herby and aromatic condiment which is very popular in Indian households. It has a dominant spicy, sour and tangy flavour. Which makes it so versatile that it can be relished in chaats, sandwiches, with samosa, kachori, and even with parathas and pooris.
A lot of people in India have it on the side of their meal as a condiment. But, it can also be relished as a dip for chips or even a spread on a sandwich. Not to mention, this mint and coriander chutney recipe is totally customizable. The salt and spice can be adjusted according to your own taste preferences.
If you this Mint and Coriander Green Chutney recipe, and looking for more such recipe, here are the best ones from the blogPrint
Mint and Coriander chutney is a herby, aromatic condiment with a tangy flavour which is very popular in India.
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1–2 green chillies, sliced
- 1-inch ginger
- 5–6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Half a lemon’s juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients i.e. coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, garlic, onion, ginger, lemon juice, salt, cumin powder, and red chilli powder thoroughly.
- Transfer into a mixer grinder and grind into a thick paste or chutney.
- Serve Mint and Coriander Chutney in a bowl.
- Wash and rinse the coriander and mint leaves rigorously and take off the stem to avoid bitter taste.