It’s funny how something so mouth-watering as the Mexican salsa dip can be so simple to make and takes under 15 minutes to make. My love for Mexican cuisine has led me to finally start making the most basic dishes at home and sharing them on the blog. And what better dish to start with than the classic Mexican Salsa Dip which is generally served with nachos. Moreover, this delicious dip is made with simple ingredients that are easily available in Indian kitchens like tomatoes, onion, garlic, cumin seeds, coriander leaves etc.
Mexican Salsa Dip recipe is also very customizable as it can be made more salty, sweet or spicy according to one’s own taste and preference.
Also, Mexican Salsa Dip can be made smooth or a little chunky as well. Additionally, if you like this recipe, please make sure to check out other amazing dips and chutneys recipes on my blog.
Serves 5-6 people Yields 2 cups of salsa dip
Cooking time 15 minutes
Mexican Salsa Dip Recipe
- 7-8 medium-sized tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp sugar
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup (optional)
HOW TO MAKE MEXICAN SALSA DIP
- Firstly, chop tomatoes in large chunks and remove the seeds.
- Then, dice the onion, garlic cloves and green
- Add all the ingredients in a blender and grind till a smooth thick paste is formed.
- Serve the fresh Mexican Salsa Dip with some crunchy nachos.
- Finally, store in glass jars in the refrigerator.