When people think about salads they usually think of something boring, bland, and unpalatable. It doesn’t have to be like that. Salads can be flavorful, full of texture and taste, colorful and utterly delicious. It’s a given that they are nutritious, wholesome, and detoxing.
Mediterranean Rainbow Bowl is a delicious bowl full of goodness and serving it with hummus makes it even better. Hummus (Click here for recipe) is an aromatic Mediterranean dip that is smooth and creamy and is best enjoyed with crackers, veggies, and bread.
The assortment of veggies, pasta, beans and leafy greens in this Mediterranean Rainbow Bowl presents your taste buds with variations of flavors and textures. The presentation is perfect for guests and can be served as a side salad at your lunch or dinner parties.Print
Mediterranean Rainbow Bowl is a delicious & nutritious assortment of veggies, pasta, beans, and herbs served with hummus.
- A bowl of Hummus
- 1⁄3 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1⁄3 cup cooked pasta (any kind)
- 1⁄2 cup of cut veggies & fruits – Carrots, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Sweet Corn, Beetroot, Red cabbage
- 1⁄3 cup of leafy greens – Mint, Spinach or Coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- In a bowl add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and red chili powder and mix well to prepare the salad dressing.
- Cut all the veggies into small slices. Cook or boil the chickpeas and pasta.
- Coat all the ingredients in the dressing individually.
- In a large bowl, place the hummus in the center and serve all other ingredients surrounding the hummus dip.