Mangoes are so versatile. They can be enjoyed in shakes, smoothies, parfaits or as is. For people having sweet tooth out there, this Mango Barfi is just another way to relish on the king of fruits, Mango.
Mango barfi is such a different kind of Indian sweet and cannot be easily found in Indian sweet shops. Which is perfect then we get to make it in our own kitchens and that makes it even more delicious and as per our preferences.
Serves 5 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 2 cups mango puree
- 1 cup milk
- 50 g milk powder
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom or elaichi powder
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Nuts to garnish
- Peel the mango and cut into rough slices. Make a puree by grinding the mangoes.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk powder and milk and mix to make a batter of flowing consistency.
- Add and heat ghee in a pan. Add the milk powder batter to the pan and cook for 2-3 mins on low heat and let the paste become thick.
- Add mango puree to this and keep cooking on low flame for 10-15 mins until the mixture thickens and has a fudge like consistency.
- Add sugar, desiccated coconut and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a tray or any flat utensil and flatten the mixture on the tray with a spatula. Grease the spatula so that the mixture doesn’t stick to the spatula.
- Garnish with sliced nuts like almonds, pistachio, and cashews. You can garnish with melon seeds as well.
- Cool it for 4-5 hours. You can also refrigerate to fasten the process.
- Cut the burfi in any desired shape and serve.
- The barfi can be eaten and stored in the refrigerator for upto 4 days.
Thank you. 🙂
Let us know how it turns out.
Looks delicious, will try! Thanks…. 👌