I don’t know how I would describe the taste of lychees to someone who has never had any. Without a doubt, it is a sweet, fragrant fruit with a soft meaty texture. Although, sweet is not even close to the amazing depth of flavours that this magical tropical fruit provides. Needless to say, We as Indians are lucky that it is produced abundantly here and we get to relish on it during the summers. Obviously, that is why I thought why not make use of this and make some delicious sorbet out of lychees. Also, this lychee sorbet recipe turned out to be so simple to make yet so delightful that I’ve been making it every other day.
Furthermore, this perfect summer afternoon treat is made using just 3-4 simple, accessible ingredients. And trust me, it’s way more delicious and flavourful than any store-bought ice cream. Moreover, you can control the ingredients and the amount according to your taste preferences which is the whole point of making this lychee sorbet at home.
Additionally, If you like this lychee sorbet recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other amazing summer recipes on my blog. Some of my summer favourites are Mango Cardamom Cream Popsicles, Sugarfree Choco-Banana Shake, Virgin Mango Mojito, Strawberry Banana Milkshake, Orange Iced Tea. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 3 people
Cooking time Overnight
Lychee Sorbet Recipe
- ½ kilos lychee or 2 cups lychee juice
- 1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon water
- ½ cup water
Kitchen tools used
HOW TO MAKE LYCHEE SORBET
- First, uncover the lychees and take out the flesh/meat without the seed in a bowl.
- Then, in a blender add lychee flesh without cover or seed and water.
- Next, blend all ingredients to make a thick puree. Sieve/strain the juice out using a strainer in a clean bowl.
- Then, add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Next, pour the juice out in an ice cream tray.
- Finally, freeze overnight or for about 12 hours and enjoy the lychee sorbet by scooping it out in a bowl.
Note – This post contains affiliate links. If you like something and purchase it using a link in this site, Life Is Delicious receives a very small commission. We recommend products we believe in completely, so thanks a lot for supporting us and helping us grow.