Lemon rice is a popular south Indian dish and is a perfect comfort food. Lemon rice is deliciously tangy and salty and can be customized according to one’s taste. Lemon rice is hand down the best dish you can make form some leftover rice.
This is so quick and easy to make yet so delicious. It’s crunchy and sour flavor makes it a perfect packing food for travel or tiffins.
Serves 4 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds or sarson ke beej
- ¼ tsp asafoetida or hing
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1-inch ginger, grated
- 10 curry leaves or kadi patta
- ⅓ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or haldi
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- Add oil to a pan and add mustard seeds and asafoetida to it.
- When the mustard seeds start to splutter add ginger and green chilli.
- Add roasted peanuts and curry leaves.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and cook for 2 mins.
- Add rice and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon water to it and mix well.