Khajur (Dates) Barfi is a vegan, oil-free, and sugar-free sweets option that is nutritious and very delicious.
- 1 cup soft dates or khajur, deseeded
- 1⁄4 cup almonds or badam, dry roasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts or kaju, dry roasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio or pista, dry roasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp cardamom or elaichi powder
- 4 tbsp coconut powder
- In a mixer grinder, take a very soft variety of dates after deseeding them and blend into a thick smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add cardamom or elaichi powder and all nut like chopped almonds. cashews and pistas to the dates or khajur paste. Mix everything really well.
- On a flat plate or tray spread parchment paper or aluminum foil and flatten the mixture using hands or rolling pin and make a rectangular shape of about 5 mm thickness.
- Let it cool in a refrigerator for about 2-4 hours and then using a sharp knife cut into square-shaped barfis or bars. Garnish with sliced nuts and coconut.