Do you have a sweet tooth and can’t resist sweets especially during the festive season but worry about calories and gaining weight. Well, worry no more, because this Khajur (Dates) Barfi is so delicious yet completely refined sugar-free and oil-free. It can be taken in moderation for sugar conscious people.
Khajur Barfi is vegan, sweet which is nutritious, delicious, low in glycemic index, rich in dietary fiber, proteins, and vitamins. It has a rich flavour thanks to all the superfood nuts which also add a nice crunch to an overall soft dates barfi.
If you like this recipe, please take a look at some other amazing sweets recipe on the blog
- Anjeer ki Barfi
- Homemade Jalebi
- Rasmalai French Toast With Kesar Filling
- Gujiya Recipe
- Protein-rich laddus
- Chaulai /Rajgira Ka Halwa
- Coconut Laddus
Khajur (Dates) Barfi | Oil and Sugar-free
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 barfis 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Refrigerator
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Vegan
Khajur (Dates) Barfi is a vegan, oil-free, and sugar-free sweets option that is nutritious and very delicious.
- 1 cup soft dates or khajur, deseeded
- 1⁄4 cup almonds or badam, dry roasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cashew nuts or kaju, dry roasted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pistachio or pista, dry roasted and chopped
- 2 tbsp cardamom or elaichi powder
- 4 tbsp coconut powder
- In a mixer grinder, take a very soft variety of dates after deseeding them and blend into a thick smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add cardamom or elaichi powder and all nut like chopped almonds. cashews and pistas to the dates or khajur paste. Mix everything really well.
- On a flat plate or tray spread parchment paper or aluminum foil and flatten the mixture using hands or rolling pin and make a rectangular shape of about 5 mm thickness.
- Let it cool in a refrigerator for about 2-4 hours and then using a sharp knife cut into square-shaped barfis or bars. Garnish with sliced nuts and coconut.