Kala Chana Cheese Sandwich | Black Chickpea Cheese Sandwich
Kala Chana Cheese Sandwich is an absolutely delicious sandwich option which has an unusual but complimentary ingredient combination. Kala Chana or black chickpea has an intrinsic dense buttery flavour and texture and when combined with cheese, this sandwich is just a melt in your mouth experience.
The depth of flavour lended by various herbs and spices used in this sandwich strikes all the right tasty cords.
Made with simple ingredients and in a hassle-free manner, this Kala Chana Cheese Sandwich is a perfect snack to have with a cup of hot ginger chai. If you like this recipe, you might be interested in some of my other sandwich, wraps and burger recipes.
Serves 1 person
Cooking time 15 minutes
Preparation time Overnight soaking of kala chana or black chickpeas
Kala Chana/Black Chickpea Cheese Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices of bread
- Butter or oil to toast the bread
- ¼ cup boiled kala chana (black chickpeas)
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- A handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp grated cheese
HOW TO MAKE KALA CHANA SANDWICH
- Firstly, grind the cooked or boiled kala chana in a blender into a coarse paste.
- Next, in a bowl, add chickpea paste, diced onion, coriander leaves (dhaniya), salt, black pepper, coriander powder and mix well.
- Meanwhile, toast two pieces of bread using oil or butter until it is crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- On a toasted piece of bread, spread tomato ketchup. Then spread a layer of the prepared kala chana paste.
- Add grated cheese on top.
- Place the second slice of bread on top to complete the sandwich.