Homemade Yoga Bar is an on-the-go energy snack bar which is made from all natural homemade healthy ingredients. Homemade Yoga Bar is sugarfree and vegan and is packed with energy and nutrients and is an ideal post-workout snack. It can also be enjoyed on the side with some yoghurt for a quick breakfast. Homemade Yoga Bar recipe is super quick and only consists of 4 ingredients.
Serves 3-4 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 1 cup soft deseeded dates (preferably soaked in water for an hour)
- ½ cup cashews or kaju
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Seeds of your choice – melon, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame or flaxseeds
- In a mixer grinder add soft deseeded dates, cashews and cocoa powder.
- Grind them till 20 seconds, scrape the sides and then grind them again till it turns into a thick paste.
- On a plate, mould the paste into a thick flat rectangle.
- Sprinkle preferred seeds on the top and press with a spoon so that they stick to the surface.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Cut in small rectangular bars and serve.
Can you please specify the type of dates used. As I followed you method but could not get the dates to get grinder properly and remained as chunks. Had to use water to get the grinder running, but it turned out to be a mess. Needed to chop the dates beforehand , I guess. Please suggest. Ended up adding crushed Marie biscuits to the paste and roll them into balls and coat them with flaked almonds . Totally new thing I ended up with.
Hi Prafulla. Thanks a lot for reaching out.
Yes! I can understand why dates can be a problem that way. That is why in the recipe I have mentioned “soft” dates. Now, while working on this recipe earlier, even I wasn’t able to achieve the consistency with really dry and hard dates. Adding water doen’t help as they turn out to be very runny and also gets spoilt sooner.
So please buy and use softer dates (which you can easily tear apart with hands and deseed) and if they are not available then soak them in water for an hour which makes them softer and them dry them before using in the recipe. 🙂
I used packaged dates by the brand ‘Date Crown Fard Dates’ which were really soft. Also, if you buy packaged dates, please check the packaging date and try to buy them as fresh as possible.
And hey! what a wonderful thing is it that you ended up with something new and experimental! I guess that is what I love about cooking.
Let me know if my suggestion helped you in any way and you’re able to make this recipe with ease this time.