Homemade Tahini Sauce is an easy-to-make dip or condiment which normally costs a lot if you buy it in a store and secondly it’s not even easily available in India. Tahini has a Mediterranean origin and is popular for being a Hummus ingredient but there is so much you can do with it. Spread it on a toast (upcoming recipe hint), use it as a salad dressing, drizzle it on falafel or just stir it into a soup.
The Homemade Tahini Sauce’s ingredients are so simple and easily available and accessible that it’s really easy to whip them together in order to make this sauce. The primary ingredient is obviously sesame seeds which if blended on their own also makes super good tahini but I choose to add olive oil and salt because olive oil gives it a drip and the salt makes the flavour of sesame seeds come out.Print
Homemade Tahini Sauce
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup 1x
- Category: Dips and Condiments
- Method: Blender/ Food Processor
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Made with just 3 simple ingredients, this thick, aromatic, and tasty sauce is made in just a matter of minutes.
- 1 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- In a frying pan, dry roast sesame seeds until they are slightly brown in colour. Keep moving them with a spatula because sesame seeds burn really fast.
- Let the sesame seeds cool.
- In a blender or food processer, add roasted sesame seeds, olive oil, and salt. Blend it taking breaks in between. Scrap the sides when needed.
- Keep blending until a paste or drippy sauce is formed.
Keywords: vegan, dips, sauce, condiments, tahini, mediterranean