In this day and age, we are so accustomed to buying readymade things off of supermarkets that we don’t even give it a second thought. On the one hand, I realize that most of us have a paucity of time but on the other hand, is it more about convenience. Either way, I can guarantee that anything homemade is definitely better for you because 1) you have total control over the amount of ingredients 2) it is free from chemicals, preservatives, and artificial colour which is better for your body. Therefore, I have a bunch of other homemade recipes for you on the blog. I can assure you that this pizza sauce is delicious, aromatic, and fresh when applied generously on your pizza base.
I bet, you will fall in love with this recipe and will make it every other week in huge batches just like I’ve been doing for the last couple of years. Moreover, what if I tell you that this magic sauce doubles as a quick and convenient pasta sauce as well. You just have to cook/boil your favourite kind of pasta and toss it in this sauce. Another thing to note is that I like my Homemade Pizza Sauce to be chunky and thick but if you like yours smoother, you can perform an additional step at the end by blending the sauce into a purée of sorts.
If you like this Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe, I am happy to let you know that there other related recipes which you might likePrint
This aromatic Homemade Pizza Sauce which doubles as a pasta sauce is not only delicious but also easy and quick to make.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 7–8 cloves of garlic, crushed or diced finely
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 5–6 medium-sized tomatoes, puréed in a blender
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian dry herbs
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Red chilli flakes to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- To begin with, add olive oil in a frying pan and heat it on low flame for 1 min. Add crushed garlic and sauté for 2 mins on low flame.
- Then, add diced onions and sauté until golden brown and translucent.
- Next, add the tomato pieces in a blender and make a purée.
- Then, add this fresh purée in the pan and cook it on medium heat. Keep stirring and cook the sauce down until it reached a thick consistency.
- Further, add salt, sugar, red chilli flakes or powder, mix Italian herbs and tomato sauce (optional) and mix it well.
- Finally, let it cook down and store in a glass jar and use up to a week.