Chivda Namkeen is a light and healthy savory snack which is so delicious, easy-to-make and has an awesome shelf life.
Chivda Namkeen is a perfect dry snack for chai time.
In India, chivda is generally made in batched during festivals like Diwali and enjoyed all through the festival season.
- 2 cups thick poha or flattened rice
- ⅓ cup of peanuts or munfli
- ⅓ cup of foxnuts or makhana
- 10 -15 cashews or kaju
- 10 -15 almonds or badam
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder or haldi
- 1/3 tsp asafoetida or hing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds or sarson ke beej
- 15 – 20 curry leaves or kadi patta
- 2 green
- Dry roast the following ingredients – thick poha or flattened rice, peanuts, foxnuts, cashews and almonds
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, green chili, curry leaves, asafoetida.
- Add peanuts, foxnuts or makhana, cashews or kaju and almonds or badam.
- Add red chili powder, salt, and turmeric powder.
- Add roasted poha and mix well.