This fruit and nut pasta salad is literally my new favourite nowadays. I mean I love almost everything about it. First off, it’s so quick and easy to make which in my books is a winning factor in and of itself. Moreover, this pasta salad has such an awesome amalgamation of sweet and salty flavour which makes it very distinct. And the creamy texture that comes from the mayonnaise also adds to this goodness of this salad.
This pasta salad is best served cold and is a hot weather essential. It can also serve as a perfect meal in itself on a busy weekday. Make it healthier by using whole grain pasta, replacing mayo with greek yoghurt and adding in even more fruits and nuts of your choice. Seriously, the possibilities are endless.
If you liked this Fruit and Nut Pasta Salad recipe and looking for more salad recipes, here they arePrint
This fruit and nut pasta salad has an awesome amalgamation of sweet and salty flavour and a creamy texture makes it very distinctly delicious.
- 1 cup farfalle pasta
- Water to boil pasta
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup mix cut fruits (fresh or tinned)
- 4 tbsp sweet corn kernels
- 2 tbsp sliced black olives
- ⅓ cup coarsely chopped mixed nuts and dries fruits
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian dried herbs and red chilli flakes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (alternatively you can use mint leaves)
- Firstly, boil/cook pasta in salted boiling water on low heat. This may take 15-20 minutes depending on the type of pasta you’re using.
- Then, in a mixing bowl, add cooked pasta and eggless mayonnaise and mix well. Add olive oil and mix in a way that pasta is well coated in mayo.
- Add fruits, sweet corn kernels, sliced olives, and coarsely chopped nuts and dried fruits. Mix everything well.
- Add salt, pepper, dried Italian herbs, chilli flakes and mix well.
- Finally, add fresh basil leaves, mix and serve.