Bruchetta is hands-down one of my favourite summer appetizers. I mean, what is not to like. A Fresh Minty Brushetta is your the best thing that can happen to you on a hot humid and hungry afternoon or any time of the day for that matter. Moreover, the perfect combination of tangy tomatoes and herbs along with crispy garlic and olive oil-laden bread makes this Italian dish a godsend. Also, the best part is that is so freaking easy, simple and quick to make.
Apparently, this Fresh Minty Bruschetta also makes for a light and airy appetizer. Something that you just wanna put together in no time and eat on the go. On the other hand, you can also serve this as a fancy party appetizer to your friends and family. Either way, it is always loved by everyone and is a total hit. Traditionally, Bruschetta is made using basil leaves but I often make a mint version as Basil leaves are not easily available in India.
Additionally, If you like this Fresh Minty Bruschetta recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other Italian recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Spinach Pesto Pasta, Penne Arrabiata Pasta, Basil Pesto Spaghetti, Mushroom Aglio Olio Spaghetti Pasta and Homemade Garlic Bread. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 5 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
Fresh Minty Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 baguette or similar bread, cut into slices (read notes for an alternative)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 7-8 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 3-4 fresh firm tomatoes, diced
- 10-15 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oregano
Kitchen Tools Used
- A flat pan or tawa
- Mixing bowl
HOW TO MAKE FRESH MINTY BRUSCHETTA
- First, in a small bowl add 2 tbsp olive oil and crush garlic and mix.
- Then, apply or brush this mix on the bread slices and toast them in a flat pan until it is crisp.
- Next, in a mixing bowl, add diced tomatoes, chopped mint leaves, vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Finally, top each slice of bread with 1-2 spoons of tomato mint mixture and serve.