Mint and Coriander Chutney | Green Chutney | How to make Green Chutney
Mint and Coriander chutney is a herby, flavourful and a treat for the taste buds. To add to that, it has a powerful aromatic, spicy, sour and tangy flavour. Which makes it so versatile that it can be relished in chaats, sandwiches, with samosa, kachori and even parathas and pooris.
Further, most of the people in India have it with their meal on the side as a condiment. But, it can also be relishes as a dip for chips or even a spread for a sandwich. Not to mention, the mint and coriander chutney recipe is totally customizable and the salt and spice can be adjusted according to your own taste preferences.
Moreover, if you like this recipe, check out the whole collection of Chutneys/ Dips/ Jams on my food blog. Some of my favourites are Tomato Chutney, Imli Chutney, Muhammara Dip, Strawberry Jam, Mexican Guacamole Dip.
Serves 5 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
Mint And Coriander Chutney Recipe
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, sliced
- 1-inch ginger
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ lemon’s juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
HOW TO MAKE MINT AND CORIANDER CHUTNEY
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients i.e. coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, garlic, onion, ginger, lemon juice, salt, cumin powder and red chilli powder thoroughly.
- Transfer into a mixer grinder and grind into a thick paste or chutney.
- Serve Mint and Coriander Chutney in a bowl.
- Wash and rinse the coriander and mint leaves rigorously and take off the stem to avoid bitter taste.