Find a step-by-step recipe for these chewy, delicious, and healthy Dates And Coconut Energy Bars here. These are vegan, sugar-free, and of course guilt-free.
- 1 cup dates (soft and pitted)
- 1½ desiccated (or powdered) coconut
- ½ cup flaxseeds
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup desiccated (or powdered) coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, preferably cold press and extra virgin
- 2 tbsp date syrup (non-vegan option = honey)
- Nuts and seeds of choice (I used dry roasted almonds here)
- To begin with, in a mixer grinder, add all the ingredients mentioned under the ‘bottom layer’ heading. Blend until there is a sticky yet coarse paste. Don’t over blend it.
- Then, line a baking tray, cake tin, or any deep rectangular/square tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place the paste in the tray evenly and then using a spoon or bottom of a small bowl press it down. This step is required so that everything is spread evenly, is of the same height and it helps the bars stick together and prevents the bar from falling apart.
- Next, repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 for the top layer.
- Then, sprinkle roasted almonds or any nuts and seeds of choice on the top and press with a spoon so that they stick to the surface.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. Cut in small rectangular bars and serve.