Fair warning! this recipe was my attempt to make healthy popsicles and I am happy to report that these Coconut Banana Popsicles were not only healthy but really lip-smackingly delicious. To add to that, there’s no refined sugar used and it’s completely dairy-free with coconut milk providing the creamyness. Moreover, coconut, bananas and dates work so well together where bananas and dates add their natural sweetness in these popsicles.
Further, I added some cardamom or elaichi powder to add an aromatic flavour to these juicy popsicles. Undoubtedly, this perfect summer afternoon treat is enjoyed by kids and adults alike. Also, you can customize the recipe according to your own preference as well, like adding sugar or dairy milk etc. or other flavours.
Additionally, If you like this popsicle recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other amazing summer recipes on my blog. Some of my summer favourites are Mango Cardamom Cream Popsicles, Peanut Butter Popsicles With Coffee, Sugarfree Choco-Banana Shake, Virgin Mango Mojito, Strawberry Banana Milkshake, Orange Iced Tea. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 5 people
Cooking time Overnight
Coconut Banana Popsicles Recipe
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 soft dates
- 1 tbsp elaichi or cardamon powder
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT BANANA POPSICLES
- In a blender add coconut milk, banana pieces, dates, cardamom powder, and 2 tbsp of desiccated coconut.
- Blend all ingredients to make a thick puree. Pour it out in a clean bowl.
- Pour and fill the Popsicle Mould with the prepared puree. Then, freeze for 4 hours.
- When the popsicle is still soft, add the wooden sticks in the mould and then sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top of the popsicle so that it sticks to the surface. (this step depends on the type of mould you’re using)
- Freeze again overnight or for about 8 hours and enjoy the Coconut Banana Popsicles chilled.