Chilli Garlic Noodles is an aromatic simple weekday meal option. Its flavours are rich in garlicky goodness, a little spice, and umami sauces.
- 150 g noodles
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 large red onion, sliced thinly
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes (use more if you like hot food)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce (I am using sriracha here)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder, freshly ground
- Salt to taste (check notes)
- Cook/boil noodles according to packet instructions. Or season a boiling pan of water with salt. Add noodles and cook them until they are soft and chewable.
- In another pan, heat sesame oil over medium-low heat and saute sliced garlic. Let the flavour of garlic slowly diffuse in the oil. When they start to turn golden, add thinly sliced onions and red chilli flakes and saute some more.
- Then add soy sauce, vinegar and chilli sauce (sriracha). Then toss cooked noodles in the pan and mix well so that the sauce is coated evenly on the noodles.
- Finally, add black pepper powder and salt (if needed). You can also garnish it with spring onion.
- When adding salt, please keep in mind that depending on which soy sauce you use, the dish can already be pretty salty.