Serves 2 people
Cooking time 10 minutes
Preparation time Overnight for soaking chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup chickpeas yield 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 medium-sized carrot, diced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, diced
- 1 medium-sized tomato, diced
- A handful of coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini or powdered white sesame (til) seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp red chilli flaked or powder
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper, crushed
- Soak the chickpeas overnight (around 12 hours) and then boil them in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle on high flame and 5-6 whistles on low flame.
- For the dressing, add lemon juice, honey, olive oil, tahini or powdered sesame seeds, salt, red chilli and black pepper powder and mix together.
- In a bowl, add cooked chickpea, diced carrots, onions, tomatoes and drizzle the dressing over the salad.