Made under 15 minutes and with only simple 5 ingredients this festive dessert is decadently delicious.
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup chaulai/ rajgira (puffed amaranth seeds)
- 1 cup water
- 1½ tbsp jaggery powder or whole cane sugar
- ¼ cup mixed nuts
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed (optional)
- In a pan on medium-low heat, add ghee and roast chopped nuts for about 5 minutes. Keep stirring in between and don’t let them burn.
- Then, add chaulai (puffed amaranth) to the pan and roast them for another 3-4 minutes. Keep stirring.
- At this point add water slowly and please be careful because it’s going to be splatter.
- Stir and then add jaggery powder or any sweetener of your choice. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Optionally, add crushed cardamom seeds at this point.