This Creamy Cauliflower Soup is all kinds of cosy and comforting which is all I’m looking for in winter. It’s not a very common kind of soup especially in India and so I definitely wanted to give it a try. Trust me, it tastes amazing! It is delicious and so filling. The best part is that it uses a few ingredients and is very easy to make.
The main ingredient is of course Cauliflower which is sauteed along with onion and garlic in olive oil. And then boiled in vegetable stock before being pulsed in a blender. The creamy part comes from a generous amount of parmesan cheese which is my favourite ingredient in this dish. It truly elevated the texture and taste of this heavenly Creamy Cauliflower soup.Print
This rich and decadent, Creamy Cauliflower soup is not only corforting and cosy for winters but is also delicious and nourishing.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 3 cups cauliflower, finely chopped
- ½ veg bouillon cube (mixed in 3 cups of warm water) or 3 cups of vegetable stock
- Salt to taste (if needed after the stock)
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder, freshly ground
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a pan, add olive oil and saute onions until translucent and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Then add chopped cauliflower and saute for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- In 3 cups of warm water add ½ veg buillion cube and mix well.
- Then add this vegetable stock to the sauteed cauliflower and onions. Boil for 25 minutes on low flame.
- Once the cauliflower is tender, let everything cool down.
- Blend everything to make a smooth soup like runny consistensy.
- Finally, transfer in a pan and add parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Add black pepper powder and red chilli flakes and slat if needed.
Keywords: soup,winter, cauliflower, cheese