Capsicum Corn Masala | How to make Capsicum Corn Masala | Shimla Mirch and Makki Recipe
Capsicum Corn Masala is one of the most delicious and finger licking sabzis or curries you will ever taste. A perfect amalgamation of sweet, sour and spicy makes Capsicum Corn Masala such a treat to your taste buds. A delicious sweet corn and capsicum dish with a sweet and tangy flavor. This is perfect for guests coming over and is loved by kids.
Serves 3-4 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- 3 onions, very finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, finely crushed
- 1 in fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 small onion, quartered and separated into squares
- ½ cup sweet corn kernels or makki ke daane
- ½ cup capsicum or shimla mirch, chopped lengthways
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet. When the oil is warm, put green chillies, ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add ginger garlic paste and onions and fry till they are brown and translucent.
- Add tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy.
- Add red chili powder, black pepper, salt and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce. Cook for 2 mins
- Add sweet corn, capsicum and square onion pieces.
- Cook for 10 mins and serve hot.