What a perfect combination today’s Beetroot and Feta cheese toast topping is! This toast promises an explosion of complex flavours in your mouth using just a few simple ingredients. The pickled pungent sweet beetroot along with the salty feta is what makes this toast what it is. So make this Pickled Beetroot and Feta Cheese Toast if you’re looking for a flavourful start of your day.
As far as ingredients are concerned, I wanted to keep the list small and simple yet not compromising on the taste. The main ingredient is, of course, this Instant Beetroot Pickle which I posted on the blog last time. And along with feta, it makes complete sense. In order to add a bit of hotness (an Indian here), I spread sriracha sauce and sprinkled a few red chilli flakes and black pepper powder.
If you like this toast recipe, here are some similar toast recipes from the blogPrint
Pickled Beetroot and Feta Cheese Toast has a perfect combinatiom of pungent sweet beetroot and salty creamy feta cheese on perfectly toasted bread slices.
- 2 whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- ½ cup chopped Beetroot pickle
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- A handful of Dill leaves, for garnish
- Toast bread slices on a flat pan until light brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, crumble the feta cheese and chop beetroot pickle pieces in a smaller size.
- On a toasted bread, spread sriracha sauce.
- On top of that add beetroot pickle and crumbled feta cheese.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes and black pepper powder.
- Finally, garnish with fresh dill leaves.