It’s a phenomenon in itself. You can’t hear enough about it. It’s everywhere. Yes! the Avocado toast and while I hesitated to post this recipe earlier, I got requests to share my recipe as a part of this series I started on Instagram called #thatdelicioustoast. What I like about this recipe of Avocado toast is that it’s fuzz-free, quick, uses a few simple ingredients. A creamy layer full of flavours over a well-toasted slice of bread is all I need to give my day a head start.
The star ingredient of this dish is of course Avocados. If you’ve never eaten or cooked with Avocado before here’s a helpful guide on how to cut and flesh them out. Also, when you’re buying an Avocado, make sure it’s ripe. Avocados have heart-healthy monounsaturated fat which is essential and good for our body. They are tasteless which is a good thing because that gives us the opportunity to season and flavour them nicely. So, just mashed avocado mixed with salt, pepper, chilli and lemon is a great spread for any kind of toast.Print
Avocado toast is a creamy and flavourful spread on a crunchy toast which is made with only a few ingredients and is easy and quick to make.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Avocado, pureed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- On a pan, toast bread slices using ½ tbsp of olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, mash avocado meat into a puree. (see paragraph 2 to check how to cut and prepare an Avocado).
- Add lemon juice, ½ tbsp of olive oil.
- Season it with salt, chilli flakes, and black pepper powder. Mix everything well.
- On a toasted slice of bread, spread the mashed avocado.
- Garnish with more chilli flakes.
- This is a very basic recipe. You can also add coriander leaves to the Avocado paste. You can also top the final Avocado toast with tomatoes, olives, onions, etc.