Arbi ke Patte/ Patod ke Pakode
It can be eaten in boiled form too but frying and making it a pakoda form makes it crunchy and even more delicious.
- 10 Arbi ke patte | Arbi leaves
- ½ cup besan
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 5 garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder/ dhania powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder/ Haldi
- 1 cups of oil for frying
- Prepare a thick besan paste without any lumps by mixing besan flour and water.
- Mix onions, garlic, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and green chilli to the besan paste and mix well into a nice thick paste.
- Wash the Arbi leaves thoroughly and make sure they are clean.
- Lay the Arbi leaves on a flat surface and apply besan paste on the top surface of the leaf.
- Cover this with another Arbi leaf such that the besan paste is sandwiched between the leaves.
- Again apply besan paste on the top leaf and keep repeating the process untill a stack of 7 to 10 leaves.
- Roll the whole stack properly and seal by folding the leaves.
- Steam these rolled leaves for 15 minutes in a steamer or on a pressure cooker (Add 1 litre water and keep Arbi leaves roll on top of a stand inside the pressure cooker.)
- Takes these boiled rolls out of the steamer and keep aside until it cools down.
- Cut the Arbi leaves/ Patod rolls into small rounds.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cut round pieces of Arbi leaves rolls until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.