This Spinach Walnut Sandwich Spread is an easy to make, a delicious spread made with a few, clean and nutritious ingredients.
- 1 cup blanched spinach
- ½ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- First, blanch the spinach leaves. Click here to see a helpful tutorial in case you’re not aware how to blanch spinach leaves. Blanching is necessary to retain the green colour of spinach and to cook it a bit before using in the dip.
- Then, in a mixer grinder or food processor, add the blanched spinach, walnuts, parmesan cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper power, red chiili flakes. Grind it until a smooth spread like paste is made.
- Store in a clean and dry glass jar in a refrigerator. It stays good in the refrigerator for two weeks.
Keywords: spread, sandwich, toast, bread, breakfast