Mango Coconut Tofu Curry (Vegan)
Is there any such thing as too many mangoes? I don’t think so. Evidently, I’ve been in love with Mangoes all through my life and my utter affection towards them motivates me to go above and beyond to create fresh, new recipes using them. And because mangoes are in season nowadays, I created this Mango Coconut Tofu curry which not only is super easy to make but is also very light, completely dairy free and delicious.
Despite its rich, decadent flavours and texture, this Mango Coconut Tofu Curry is very light on the stomach. That being said, it has a very pleasant sweet and savoury taste with a creamy texture, thanks to the addition of coconut milk. Moreover, serve it with rice in the summer for lunch or dinner and you are definitely in for a treat.
Additionally, If you like this Mango Coconut Tofu Curry recipe, I am happy to let you know that I have many other Mango recipes on my blog. Some of my favourites are Vegan Mango Salsa, Mango Cardamom Cream Popsicles, Virgin Mango Mojito. Also, if you make any of my recipes, I’d love to see your beautiful creations. So, please don’t forget to share and tag me in your post on Instagram.
Serves 3 people
Cooking time 30 minutes
Mango Coconut Tofu Curry Recipe
- 2-3 tsp oil
- Green chilli, chopped
- 1 tbsp mustard and cumin seeds
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, crushed or diced finely
- 1 tbsp tumeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander or dhaniya powder
- Red chilli powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 mangoes, puréed
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 200 gm tofu
- 10 cashews or kaju
- 1-2 green capsicum, sliced vertically
- Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Coconut powder, for garnish
- Whole red chillies, for garnish
Kitchen tools used
HOW TO MAKE MANGO COCONUT TOFU CURRY
- First, in a frying pan, heat oil on medium flame. Add cumin and mustard seed. Once mustard seeds start to splutter, add chopped green chillies.
- Then, add diced onions and garlic and sauté until it’s golden brown and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, peel fresh mangoes and add its slices and coconut milk in a blender to make a thick mango purée.
- Next, add spices like turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder.
- Further, pour the mango coconut purée in the pan and mix.
- Depending on what consistency you’d like for your curry to be, adjust it by adding water.
- Then, grease another flat pan or tawa with oil, and sear both sides of the tofu until it’s golden brown on both sides. After it’s done, cut them in square shaped slices.
- Next, add tofu pieces, cashew nuts, sliced green capsicum. Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Finally, serve Mango Coconut Tofu Curry with rice. Garnish with coconut powder, coriander leaves and red chillies.
Note – This post contains affiliate links. If you like something and purchase it using a link in this site, Life Is Delicious receives a very small commission. We recommend products we believe in completely, so thanks a lot for supporting us and helping us grow.