Asian Cucumber Salad | Vegan| How To Make Asian Cucumber Salad
Generally, there are only so many ways you can make a cucumber salad. Mostly, in India Cucumber is consumed a lot during summers in salads or raitas. In a salad, we generally just slice it along with tomatoes, onions etc and sprinkle some chaat masala, kala namak or lemon on top. However, today I thought of making a different and fun Asian Cucumber Salad with a distinct flavour which is also super delicious to have on side of a meal.
Certainly, this Asian Cucumber Salad is crunchy and refreshing which balances so well with the varied flavours that it has to offer like sour, sweet, salty and spicy. Without a doubt, this salad is perfect for summer and has to offer so many flavours without the need for a lot of effort. As always, this recipe is totally customizable, so feel free to add more veggies like tomatoes, peas, onions in there and top it with your favourite seeds and nuts.
Additionally, if you liked this Asian Cucumber Salad recipe and looking for more such Salad/ Dressing recipes, I’m sure you’ll also love Honey Vinegar Roasted Carrots, Mediterranean Rainbow Bowl and Tastiest Citrus Dressing.
Finally, if you make this Asian Cucumber Salad recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please share the pictures with me by tagging me @life_is_delicious_ on Instagram. By all means, I love seeing your beautiful recreations. 🙂
Serves 1-2 people
Cooking time 10 minutes
Asian Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 cucumbers or kheera, thinly sliced
- Half a lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp white or rice vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Virgin Cold pressed Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Chilli flakes, according to taste
- 1 tbsp white sesame or til seeds
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN CUCUMBER SALAD
- First, slice the cucumbers in a thin round shape.
- Then, prepare the dressing by mixing sesame oil, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and sugar together.
- Next, toss the cucumber slices in the dressing and mix well so that it is well coated.
- Finally, sprinkle white sesame seeds and chilli flakes as toppings.