Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread | Oil-Free + Sugar-Free
Formerly, sandwich spreads like mayonnaise were made using eggs and dairy products. Now, there are many eggless options available in the market but not many dairy-free, sugar-free and oil-free ones. Well, bid goodbye to those store-bought, preservative laden sandwich spreads because today I have a simple, easy to make and delicious Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread that is
- Quick and easy to make
- Requies few ingredients
Not to mention, this recipe is totally customizable and its versatility is what makes it even more special. For example, I like my spread to be a little crunchy, so I have not blended it to be a smooth paste but left it a little chunky instead. Obviously, this Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread is loved by kids and adults alike and can be devoured by spreading a generous amount on toasts, crackers, sandwiches or wraps.
Additionally, if you liked this Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread recipe and looking for more such spreads/ dips recipes, I’m sure you’ll also love Mexican Guacamole Dip, Lemon-mint flavoured Hummus and Muhammara Dip.
Finally, if you make this Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread recipe or any other recipe from my blog, please share the pictures with me by tagging me @life_is_delicious_ on Instagram. By all means, I love seeing your beautiful recreations. 🙂
Serves 3-4 people
Cooking time 15 minutes
Vegan Cashew Sandwich Spread Recipe
- 10 -15 cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp white sesame or til seed
- ¼ cup coconut cream or milk (thick)
- 2 garlic or lehsun cloves
- 1 tbsp Dry mix herbs
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped finely
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CASHEW SANDWICH SPREAD
- First, soak cashews in water for 3-4 hours or overnight
- Then, drain the water and add the cashews in a mixer grinder.
- Next, add white sesame or til seeds, coconut cream or milk, garlic cloves and blend into a smooth paste or a chunky one depending on your preference.
- Finally, transfer the paste in a mixing bowl, add mix dry herbs, salt, pepper and finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.