Chickpea (Choley) Sprouts Veg Sandwich | Homemade Veg Sandwich Recipe
It gives me great delight in using up leftover ingredients sitting in my fridge and using them to create a different yummy and wholesome recipe. Chickpea (Choley) Sprouts Veg Sandwich is one such recipe which came together so beautifully. This veg sandwich recipe is made out mashed chickpeas which are cooked in turmeric and salt. Along with chickpea, this sandwich also incorporated mung beans, onions, tomatoes and fresh coriander green leaves.
Chickpea (Choley) Sprouts Veg Sandwich is rich in protein, the carbs from the bread balance it nutritionally and makes it a complete meal option. To make this veg sandwich flavoursome and juicy, I’ve spread a generous amount of green chutney and ketchup. Of course, you can totally customize this and spread any other chutney or sandwich spread of your choice. If you try this recipe, it’d give me happiness to see your creation, so please tag me in your picture on Instagram or share it on Pinterest.
Serves 1 person
Pre-cooking time Overnight soaking of chickpeas (choley)
Cooking time 15 minutes
Chickpea (Choley) Sprouts Veg Sandwich Recipe
- 2 slices of bread
- Oil or butter, for toasting the bread
- ½ cup of cooked chickpeas (cooked in turmeric and salt)
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- A handful of fresh coriander (dhaniya) leaves
- 3-4 slices of tomato
- 1 tbsp of mung sprouts
- 1 tsp lemon juic
- 1 tsp of green chutney
- 2 tsp of tomato ketchup
- ¼ tsp of black pepper, freshly crushed
How to make Chickpea (Choley) Sprouts Veg Sandwich
- Soak the chickpeas overnight (around 12 hours) and then boil/cook them in a pressure cooker along with 1 tsp of turmeric (haldi) powder and salt (as per taste) for 1 whistle on high flame and 5-6 whistles on low flame.
- When the chickpeas are cooked, mash them into a thick paste and add pinch of salt and crushed black pepper. Mix well.
- Toast two slices of bread on a pan using coconut oil or butter until they are golden brown.
- Spread a tsp of tomato ketchup of a slice of bread. Spread green chutney over the ketchup evenly.
- Then spread the mashed chickpea paste evenly on the toasted bread.
- Add mung bean sprouts and sprinkle lemon juice over them.
- Add diced onions and them tomato slices. Top with fresh coriander (dhaniya) leaves.
- Place the second slice of bread on top to complete the sandwich.