Besan Toast Recipe | How To Make Besan Toast
Besan bread toast is one of quickest breakfast to make that doesn’t look like it is made in such a short period of time. Besan bread toast is extremely delicious, healthy and very satiating. It is also a healthier sibling of bread pakoda as pakodas are deep fried but besan toast is just toasted on a greased flat pan.
To make besan bread toast, bread slices are covered in besan (chickpea flour), onion, tomatoes and coriander or dhaniya leaves mixed with salt, spices and then in toasted on a butter or oil greased pan. It tastes best when served hot along with some tomato ketchup.
Serves 2 peaple
Cooking time 15 minutes
- 3-4 slices of bread (white or whole wheat)
- 1⁄2 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- Water as required to have a thick consistency
- 1 onion, diced finely
- 1 tomato, diced finely
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- A handful of coriander or dhania leaves, chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- 1⁄3 tsp turmeric powder or haldi
- 1⁄3 tsp red chilli powder
- Oil to toast the bread
- In a mixing bowl, add besan and 3-4 tbsp of water and start mixing or whisking to make a thick paste with no lumps. Add more water if required.
- Add salt, turmeric powder (haldi), red chilli powder and mix well again.
- Add diced onions, tomatoes, ginger, chopped coriander leaves and mix well again.
- Either spread this batter on a bread slice with a spoon or dip it in the batter so that both sides of the bread are covered in batter.
- Grease a non-stick pan with oil and put the bread slice. When one side is completely cooked, flip it and cook the other side as well. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.