Salad With The Tastiest Citrus Dressing
Okay! I’m going to be dramatic about it. This dressing will change your life!! 😀 No seriously, it will. This citrus Salad dressing will convert you from a sore picky salad eater (or non-eater) to a salad eating Joey from Friends. (if you’ve never watched Friends, that’s okay. You still have a life despite what most people tell you. 😀 )
The salad that you see in this post’s pictures has amazing layers of taste and texture on its own. I’ve included protein-rich sprouted lentils or dal, some juicy, fibrous and vitamin-rich fruits, and veggies, finally some fats from squished paneer. So, I am not sharing the recipe for the salad because it’s very customizable and you can make any salad from available fruits or veggies and this post is really about the amazing citrus dressing that will work its magic and make any salad lip-smackingly delicious. 🙂
Before we start with the recipe, let me give you a quick salad dressing 101. You can build any delicious salad dressing if you include below mentioned 5-6 basic elements in it. Mix and match these ingredients and go nuts experimenting until you find something that you love. Or just try the recipe I’m about to share with you.
- An oil – e.g. Olive oil, peanut oil, sesame oil
- An acidic juice – e.g. Lemon juice, vinegar, orange juice
- Sweetness – e.g. honey, maple syrup, jaggery, brown sugar
- Herbs – e.g. coriander, mint leaves, dill, basil
- Seasoning – e.g. red chilli flakes, ground black pepper, salt
- Other flavour enhancers – e.g ginger, shallots, tahini, soy sauce
Serves 2 people
Cooking time 10 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup 100% pure orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest (grated top layer of orange’s peel)
- 1 tbsp honey (or according to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- Chop coriander or dhaniya leaves finely. Grate orange zest and then squeeze fresh orange and lemon juice.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, whisk and mix everything thoroughly.
- Store and refrigerate in a container and pour on a salad whenever required. This citrus salad dressing will be good for about a week if refrigerated.