Chia Seeds and Fruit Breakfast Bowl
I’m all about quick, delicious and filling breakfast. Most of us find to hard to eat breakfast like kings because first we have to squeeze in the time to make that breakfast. This breakfast bowl recipe is such a blessing in times like this. All you have to do is soak some chia seeds in milk and refrigerate it the night before, in the morning throw in some of your favourite seasonal fruits, some nut butter, nuts and seeds and you are good to go.
Chia Seeds and Fruit Breakfast Bowl is also very balanced and nutritious and satiating. It gives you and your stomach a perfect kick start to your day and who doesn’t like that. Am I right? 🙂
Serves 1 person
Cooking time 10 minutes
Prep time Overnight soaking of chia seeds.
- 1⁄2 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (dairy or plant based)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 dates, deseeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced fruits (apples, plums, and pomegranate used in this recipe)
- Seeds and nuts of your choice (sunflower and pumpkin seeds and almonds used in this recipe)
- At night, soak chia seeds in some milk and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning you will notice that chia seeds have doubled in size in a pudding like consistency.
- In the morning, in a bowl add the chia seed pudding, fresh slices fruits.
- Add in some nut butter, we are using peanut butter in this recipe.
- Sprinkle some nuts and seeds on top.
- As we are not adding any sweetener, serve with two diced dates to add in some extra sweetness to the breakfast bowl.