Potato Onion Pakoda or Bhaji | How to make Potato Onion Pakoda or Bhaji | Aalu pyaaz ke pakode
Aalu and Onion Pakodas are a staple in Indian homes during monsoons. Aalu pyaaz ke pakode is usually served with tomato ketchup or green chutney and is finger licking good.
Pakode definitely tastes even better with a cup of yummy ginger chai. Potato Onion pakodas are crispy crunchy from outside and soft from inside and has a salty aromatic flavor.
Serves 3-4 people
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 4 cups of oil
- 1 cup chickpea flour or besan
- ½ cup water
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or haldi
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves or dhania, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced in round shape
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- Take a mixing bowl and put all the dry ingredients like chickpea flour or besan, chili powder, turmeric powder or haldi, salt and mix them really well. Add sufficient water and make a thick paste batter without any lumps.
- Add coriander leaves or dhania and green chili.
- Add sliced potato and onions and mix everything really well.
- Heat oil in a skillet or kadai, and add the batter mixture in small portions into the skillet.
- Cook either side of the pokodas till it’s light brown.
- Drain excess oil from the pakodas and soak the oil in a paper
napkinand serve hot.